Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Today's blog:

That's my most uncreative title ever!

What a sweet thing Jaan did for me. She put a couple of MP3s on a website just for me. It sounds kind of trivial but there is much more to it than I can go into here. Jaan is a dear friend and I am blessed that she picked me to rescue her from her really bad case of newbiness. She seems to have made a full recovery.

I have been having an ongoing, intermittent problem with colors in SL for about the last month. Actually only one color - red. I kept seeing red patches on random objects in SL. I was just flabbergasted. I mentioned it to Mistress and it was fixed with one mouse click. It's funny how everyone can be a newbie when compared to someone else.

What a bugger mouse look is! Other than frustrating a gackt here and there I wonder what SL was thinking when they invented that?

I had a lovely chat with this man tonight:


That's a box of freebie sex toys he's attached to himself; I don't want to put his name here on this public blog but his initials are Peter Kay. He walked around like that for a few minutes and when he sat next to me, I just couldn't resist:

[1:52] Emilee Gackt: Got those sex toys all packed away did ya Pete?
[1:52] Peter Kay: lol emilee
[1:53] Peter Kay: i clik on the wrong butten
[1:53] Emilee Gackt laughs.
[1:53] Emilee Gackt: Yea... I saw that.

Time and idle chatter passes...

[2:05] Peter Kay: pitty that your a lesbien

This came as a shock to me but his diagnosis seems pretty thorough; it was based on twelve minutes of me avoiding his questions. Add that to his spelling skills - 40% correct in a five word sentence! - and you get a person utterly qualified to make a judgement like that.

And you just have to wonder... is it a 'pitty' for me or for him? Or really just the both of us? Oh what might have been... if only I was batting for the home team.

I had a glimmer of something tonight. Call it an epiphany. I realized that maybe I'm not lucky to have such good friends in SL. Maybe it's because I AM a good friend. Like good, quality people kind of find each other somehow and gravitate towards each other. Either way, lucky or not, I am very fortunate in a lot of ways.

1 comment:

Jaan Dubrovna said...

Even offline you make me laugh.

Jan