Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Lolled away a few hours in SL today...

Sometimes I login to SL and just keep a half an eye on it while I work. Working from home is quite a luxury and one of many I am happy to have in my life. I spend what could reasonably called an 'ungodly' amount of time in SL and some of it is spent being only halfway here in a way.

If friends can't see me online, I'd at least like to be able to see them. It's an odd twist that gives me this weird control in my friendships in SL. 'Hmm... Soandso Suchandsuch just logged in. Will I talk to him? Or not?' I am just mad with power.

I finally got some time with Henrik but it seems time with him comes in spurts. We set a time to meet tomorrow and I am anxious to see how it goes.

I got another anonymous IM from someone in the Newbie Support group. This time it was someone who had read my profile first and apparently made some decisions about me based on what he read. I must admit though that in a textual world it is very easy to misinterpret things. He may have been sincere and just curious.

Anyway... He built a rental house and offered to show it to me and when I got there he took me on a tour and seemed to linger in the bedroom. I'm not sure what he was expecting and I was polite enough about his house and when he crashed, I skee-daddled on out of there.

I got another IM from him tonight while I was offline, just kind a 'Hi there' IM. I replied which wasn't the brightest thing I've done all week. Now I'm leading him on.

/me konks herself in the head.

I spotted a new person who really needed some help and - this is mildly ironic - I sent an IM and she apparently didn't know how to reply or maybe didn't even realize that she got an IM. Oh well. MY one-woman SL beautification program will have to wait for another newbie to help.

No comments: