Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This will be quite vague...

... I am noticing that the more I try not to notice something, the more that the act of trying not to notice it re-routes my gackty brain right back to what I am trying not to notice. It doesn't help at all that the very thing I am trying not to notice is caused by something that I have to do quite regularly - sometimes when I am in the middle of not noticing what I am trying not to notice.

Sheesh.

What an SL day today was!

From out of nowhere Mistress and I met someone new, a possible new addition to our little family. We spent a good bit of time with her and although I like her and we have some startling similarities, there are a couple of sticky points. I do hope things work out with her. She seems so smart.

She gets these waves of lag that seem to ebb and flow like the tide. My goodness that was poetic wasn't it? It seems like most of the time she is hampered by lag and then all of a sudden, but only for a few moments, there is no lag at all. Very strange. I'm not sure Mistress will have the patience for her ebbs and flows. It sometimes took her 2 minutes to answer to a question Mistress had asked her - not two minutes to type the answer - two minutes just to begin typing.

On the same topic, it appears as though Henrik is no more, which is too bad. He seemed so eager and sincere. Oh well.

It was interesting to see myself in this new person. I re-read my first conversation with Mistress and was so ashamed of what I told her. She knows all there is to know now but my goodness... I just flat-out, blatantly lied to her. Some first impression that was.

NOTICE TO ALL PROSPECTIVE SLAVES OF JACQUELIN MAZI:

She has magical powers. Do not try to lie to her. You will be caught and humiliated and not in the way that is so popular at the Ranch.

Mistress' lessons are remarkable. If this was a phrase in a RL, verbal conversation, someone in the room (possibly me) would say, 'Well duh!' There is so much to learn from her and so much that one would think should be at least semi-obvious.

Her lessons are multi-layered. There is the obvious part of it - the 'you did this, so you get this' part of her lessons. But once she peels away a layer or two of ignorance, there is realization. It becomes more like 'if you do this again, you will get this.'

Reading what I just typed out sounds so very un-profound. When I experienced it today it was very profound and very persuasive.

The gackty one is lucky in many ways.

No comments: