Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Newb encounter

Group IM:

[11:26] Oliver Sharple: Hi. I'm new to Second Life can anyone answer any questions and generally just have a chat to me or something via IM?

I didn't notice it for five minutes but sadly, no one had responded to this poor man. I took him to Free Dove, lectured him about his inventory and such, then showed him Scramble, his ticket to riches. As the seedy bar was rezzing, we chatted:

[12:18] Emilee Gackt: So while we wait, tell me what you think you'll want to do in SL for fun.[12:18] Emilee Gackt: Beside making clothes.
[12:19] Oliver Sharple: Hmm I have no clue... xD
[12:19] Emilee Gackt laughs.
[12:19] Emilee Gackt: Well tell me what you like to do in the real world.
[12:20] Oliver Sharple: Well i'm a bit of a musician, play the clarinet. I got out the the pub sometimes with my friends and yeah.. lol
[12:21] Emilee Gackt: What kind of music do you play?
[12:21] Emilee Gackt: Jazz?
[12:21] Emilee Gackt: Blues?
[12:21] Emilee Gackt: Polkas?
[12:21] Oliver Sharple: Classical sometimes Jazz
[12:21] Emilee Gackt: I have a friend who can help you with that.
[12:22] Emilee Gackt: She likes music too and knows some good jazz places in SL.
[12:22] Oliver Sharple: Cool
[12:22] Emilee Gackt: I'll send her your name.

Ok Jan, the newbie ball is in your kindness court but of course you have no obligation to IM this person.

He wasn't quite getting the hang of Scramble at first so I had to help him. It was like watching money vanish.

[12:44] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: TCNEWLRUGIAA - (of a person or animal) to make a high unpleasant noise like a cat
[12:44] You: Try caterwauling
[12:45] Oliver Sharple: caterwauling
[12:45] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: Congratulations Oliver Sharple, you have won this round in 28 seconds.
[12:45] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: The word was 'caterwauling'.
[12:45] You: Ooh! Good boy!

[12:45] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: AYNRROLIID - not different or special or unexpected in any way; usual:
[12:45] You: Try ordinarily
[12:46] Oliver Sharple: ordinarily
[12:46] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: Congratulations Oliver Sharple, you have won this round in 18 seconds.
[12:46] Hell Bop Bar Scramble Game: The word was 'ordinarily'.
[12:46] You: Oh you ARE good at this aren't you?

1 comment:

Jaan Dubrovna said...

Oliver Sharple.

Got it dear.