Saturday, September 13, 2008

Spammers!

[23:30] Chris3474 Bailey: (Saved Sat Sep 13 21:46:17 2008) Hi Emily, I hope you are well. I own Namaste's Designs and I am going to give you a free gift. Please accept the free gift. I hope you enjoy it and please visit Namaste's at anytime. Be well.

He gave me a free table fountain.

Here is what bothers me about this:
  1. How did he get my name?
  2. Why did he spell it wrong?
  3. Has he not heard the bit of SL wisdom that I overheard once? 'Never trust anyone with a number in his name.'
  4. It reminded me of the flower incident.

The flower incident, in 2500 words or less:

I met a man in SL (I don't recall exactly where) and we hit it off. He didn't seem to be overtly interested in sex and had a good sense of humor. We chatted for a long time that seemed like such a shorter time, which is always nice. We eventually made plans to go to his SL home. It wasn't discussed but we were both looking forward to how things might progress.

Just as we were about to leave he gave me something that was labelled 'A Flower for Your Hair.' I did a slight RL eye-roll, but in SL, I told him I was touched. I felt a bit compelled to put it on at this point. I didn't want to offend him even though I have never been the type to wear flowers in my hair. no big deal though; I'll just put it on for a few minutes to make him happy. It wasn't a flower. It was a huge, penis shaped missile.

It launched me into some neighboring sim and after I splatted to the ground, it wouldn't come off. I clicked detach, tried to delete it, etc. I relogged and still couldn't get rid of it. I finally uninstalled SL from my computer and when I re-loaded it, I was finally free of it.

He was so shocked that I was mad. Really sincerely shocked. He just couldn't understand how I could fail to see the humor in it. That was one of the few times I have used bad words in SL and I really believe that if I saw him again, I would use some of that same vocabulary.

There are two morals to this story.

  1. Lennon Dovgal is a complete asshat. He is one of those people who makes scrolly designs in his profile using punctuation. What was I thinking?
  2. I will never accept an inventory item from a stranger again.

It has been far too long since I have seen either Mistress or Jan, so one of you please login. I'll wait.

Good things come to waiters.

Just after I typed that bit about waiting, Jan showed up (or did I just notice that you were already online?). We got about an hour together, and then Mistress logged in. I have a Midas touch apparently.

Here is something that felt odd. I was late handing in some assignments and Mistress asked if I felt like I should be punished. After just having blogged about how I like that she has remained so concrete it would have been hard for me to say no to that. Mistress decided to put her slave to good use and have me list five punishments for myself.

If I go too easy on myself she will surely make up for it and I certainly don't want to be too hard on myself. I am sure that she would gladly oblige. The list I gave her had 8 or 9 things on it and went from a sincere apology to paying a fine. Who knows how this will turn out?

No comments: