Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bloggin' at the airport

That makes me sound SO gen X. If I had a Mac instead of this laptop I'd be so gen X that I just couldn't stand it!


This is post 100 and I sadly have nothing much to say other than sometimes owning a house seems just barely worth it. But enough of that! Life is to be lived, not complained about, right?

Let's see... post #100... hmm...

Nope. Nothing big.

As I sit in the terminal watching people going by these things have popped into my gackty brain:
  • She not really wearing those shoes with that top is she?
  • She's too tall for those heels and why would she wear them with such a casual pair of pants?
  • That man needs a wife to dress him; why would he wear the same color pants and shirt? How about some contrast?
  • A cowboy hat with a suit? Hm.
  • It's nice to see some women in pilot's uniforms.
  • Oh my goodness those sideburns are absurd! Look at those things!
  • Oooh... think 'vertical stripes' and dark colors sweetheart. And maybe join a health club.
  • I feel so bad for moms travelling with a kid without a dad. Luggage and diaper bags and things strapped all over that poor woman and of course babies aren't the best seatmates on an airplane. BE NICE TO SINGLE MOMS ON AIRPLANES!

I am going to St. Louis for the next few days. The only flight I have ever missed (out of at least 100 flights) was in St. Louis. I am so bad with time zones sometimes. I was just sitting in a California Pizza Kitchen (I had the Kung Pao Spaghetti - yum!) talking with one of our vendors and realized my flight was in 30 minutes. I was about 40 minutes from the airport and it was rush hour. The Drury Inn by the St. Louis airport is not their best location by far.

1 comment:

Jaan Dubrovna said...

I am finally making some progress with you--St. Louis is one time zone closer.

Your house is giving you so much trouble, I am sure they have nice houses in St. Louis.

On the other hand, they have nice houses farther east too.