I like to emote when I speak with people in SL. It's not a role play thing; to me it makes what people experience in SL a bit richer and moves things a few strides beyond the commonplace 'LOL' and 'How R U?' approach that so many people take. I don't mean to say that there is anything wrong with 'LOL' per se; it's just that there are deeper, more emotive way to express yourself. Anyway...
When I am in a conversation with Mistress it seems like I start every sentence with
'/me nods' or '/me smiles.' I feel so illiterate typing '/me nods. "Yes Mistress." so many times in the same conversation; the same true for '/me smiles.'
The synonyms for nod just won't work either:
- acknowledge - this one is a maybe but isn't very conversational
- agree - this one has potential
- approve - Mistress would skin me if I gave my approval!
- acquiesce - see note on assent
- assent - same as approve
- bend (bend?)
- curtsy (Good but might be a bit cumbersome *rolls her eyes*)
- drift - another cause for a skinning
- drowse - ditto above
- genuflect - Ahah! Problem solved
- gesture - too vague
- sleep - skinned
I think for now I might just have to keep nodding; the synonyms for smile aren't much better:
Not much luck there either.