Sunday, December 14, 2008

It is sometimes such a bother not to be able to use the T word. I did an essay on the Stockholm Syndrome and it was very interesting the more I 'pondered' it. The syndrome:

Stockholm syndrome is a response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker.

Mistress had me do this essay and at first I didn't see why. I couldn't see a connection but as I 'pondered' it, the similarities became clear. I am not a hostage in the normal sense but there is certainly a fondness in me for her.

I am looking forward to talking about this with her. She will no doubt have a very interesting perspective on it.

I turned in my assignments late this week and I am already sorry and not at all looking forward to that conversation. They were due Friday night and I turned them in Saturday night. Mistress is always very understanding if I need more time with things but sometimes events turn out such that asking for more time is impossible. Maybe there is a legitimate reason that I couldn't get them turned in and couldn't ask for more time.

Maybe we had tickets to the Suns game in one of the luxury suites and maybe I had one of the most delicious drinks I've ever tasted and maybe I had too many of them and maybe by the time I got home I had to be dragged to bed and tucked in and didn't stir for hours past the time that my assignments were due. Maybe. Wait, not maybe... that all actually happened.

No comments: